April 7, 2017

LONG HAUL TRAVEL TIPS AND ESSENTIALS

Traveling for long periods of time takes a toll on the body and mind. Check out my tips for making the best out of long haul flights.

- REST & RELAX -
To get the best rest, I recommend bringing a travel pillow and eye mask. Also, aromatherapy such as lavender essential oil dabbed gently on your neck works wonders to calm your mind and prepare you for rest. Flights can get very cold, so I bring a comfy blanket or sweater and soft socks to stay warm. 

- HYDRATE -
When up in the sky, the air is incredibly drying. I recommend using a thick moisturizer and lip treatment and periodically refreshing the skin with a mist. I love this La Mer hand treatment. An affordable alternative is Nivea. You can also bring an empty water bottle and fill it up at the airport lounge or have the flight staff fill it on the plane, and you can bring a sheet or gel face mask to use during the flight when the lights go off. I love this aloe sheet mask and this hydrating mask. Be sure to keep both your body and skin hydrated!

- ENTERTAINMENT -
I spend most of the flight catching up on books, movies, and shows. On my 12 hour flight from San Francisco to Taipei, I read "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up." I highly recommend this book! I also watched 4 movies and caught up on shows that I downloaded on Netflix. Don't forget to bring comfortable ear buds and your charger. Also, check beforehand if your plane has inflight entertainment and Wi-Fi. Some flights require you to download an app to stream movies and TV shows on your mobile device. 

Thanks for stopping by! Do you have any travel tips or must have items for long haul flights? 

No comments

Post a Comment

© CraftSpace