November 7, 2016

MY FAVORITE ZOODLE RECIPE


I posted a picture on snapchat of the zoodles (zucchini noodles) I made and a lot of you were interested in learning more about zoodles and the recipe. So, here's how to make my favorite zoodles served with garlicky spicy shrimp.

Zoodles are the perfect low carb alternative to pasta. The tool I use to shape the zucchini is called a spiralizer. I prefer the tabletop version, though handheld devices are also available. I like to use the 'thin spiral' blade to make my zoodles. Here's the picture I snapchatted with a side of roasted brussel sprouts:







Here's what you'll need:

1 1/2 teaspoons EVOO
pinch crushed red pepper flakes
4 oz peeled and deveined shrimp
2 cloves garlic, sliced thin like garlic chips
1 medium zucchini, spiralized
pinch salt and fresh black pepper
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup halved grape tomatoes
Parmesan cheese 

Instruction:
Preheat the oven to 400°
Season the shrimp and tomatoes with EVOO, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. 
Add to oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until shrimp are done
Heat a saucepan with EVOO and the garlic chips on low. This step infuses the EVOO with garlic. 
Combine all ingredients in a serving bowl and mix well. Top with parmesan.
Enjoy!







No comments

Post a Comment

© CraftSpace