June 4, 2022

TRAVEL SERIES - PUERTO VALLARTA, MEXICO

When I think about the perfect summer, all I want is to be a beach bum with a piña colada. I booked a getaway to Puerto Vallarta where I could be just that. Keep reading to check out my trip to Mexico.
When most people think about Mexico, Cabo and Cancun come to mind. Puerto Vallarta (PV) is less well known and still has that authentic, local feel. PV is just a 3 hour direct flight from SFO.

I booked my trip on Costco Travel, and it was much more affordable then booking on a third party site like expedia and included transportation to and from the airport.

– ACCOMMODATIONS –
I stayed at Grand Fiesta Americana, an adult only, all inclusive hotel. I love how the resort has daily activities and tons of restaurants. If you're really into water activities like me, the resort has complimentary kayaks, paddle boards, and snorkel gear for you to use.

I attended a cooking class and made salsa! At the Rojo Corazon restaurant, the waiter stood by and made fresh guacamole. 

Grand Fiesta Americana is 20 minutes away from the airport and there is a bus stop right across the street that takes you to the Malecon boardwalk for 8 pesos (about 50 cents). 

Every room at the resort has an ocean view and private balcony. The breakfast buffet at D'Brick is not one to miss, so if you stay here be sure to check it out. 


– SIGHTS & EATS –
When I am not at the resort lounging on the beach, I headed to the boardwalk. As mentioned above, there is a bus that many locals and tourists take to get to Malecon. Take the orange and white bus to the final stop. Right by the bus stop in Malecon, there is a man selling very good tamales. Do yourself a favor and try the tamales pollo en salsa verde (chicken with green sauce) with the special hot sauce for 12 pesos.  


My good friend recommended the al pastor tacos at Pancho's Takos, and I agree it is worth the wait. 
Also in Malecon there is a lot of street food on the boardwalk - elote (Mexican corn), tuba, refreshing coconut juice, and etc.

Since I stayed in the all inclusive hotel, most of my time and meals were at the resort. There were so many options. It was my first time eating cactus, the cactus salad with cheese was amazing. If you like ceviche, you'll love La Cevicheria and it's 10+ different types on ceviche.




I am dreaming of the day I go back to Mexico. Cancun is next on my list, and I'll try to share a post with you of my experience. Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments

Post a Comment

© CraftSpace