June 4, 2022

TRAVEL SERIES - PARIS, FRANCE

Whenever I want to celebrate a life milestone, my friends already know that I will be going to France, specifically Paris. There is just something so special about the city of love and being transported to a magical environment filled with historic streets, delicious food, amazing wine, breathtaking views, and of course shopping. 

My most recent life milestone was getting a job offer from my dream company. I texted my bestie the news and she said, "So are you going on vacay and buying a purse with your sign on [bonus]." There was no question mark at the end of the sentence. It was a rhetorical question requiring no response because we both knew the answer. I had already booked my trip and off I went to my happy place, Paris.

– ACCOMMODATIONS –
I have been to Paris many times and as a loyal Marriot Bonvoy member, I usually book the hotel with the best category at a decent rate. My favorite hotel is Prince de Galles because of the updated rooms and location. It just feels so comfortable there, like home. I have also stayed at Hôtel de Berri Champs-Élysées which is right by all the action of the popular Champs-Elysees avenue and Arc de Triomphe, but the vibe is a little hip/cool for me. They have Diptyque toiletries which is nice. Another option that I enjoyed was Renaissance Paris Nobel Tour Eiffel Hotel, which is a short walk away from Place du Trocadero with amazing views of the Eiffel Tower. 

One day I plan to stay at Shangri-La or Plaza Athenne and have breakfast on my balcony. Let's hope for more life milestones. If you have the funds, these two hotels are highly recommended by many. 
 
Regardless of where you stay, I bet you will truly enjoy your time in Paris. Each neighborhood has its charm.


– SIGHTS –
When you think of Paris, the first thing that comes to mind is probably the Eiffel Tower. You can get great views at Place du Trocadero and Parc du Champ de Mars. Some other notable sights that you must see are:
  - La Basilique du Sacré Cœur de Montmartre
  - Louvre Museum
  - Notre-Dame de Paris
  - Pont Alexandre III
  - Arc de Triomphe
  
If you have time to spare you can make a day trip to:
  - Palace of Versailles
  - Champagne region to tour and taste at famous Champagne houses like Moet and Veuve


– EATS –
To me, the perfect night is eating outdoors with your loved ones and chatting the night away with delicious food and great wine. I'm still dreaming about escargot, french onion soup, duck confit, crepes, and more. French food is so delicious. I really liked these places:
  - La Rotonde Montparnasse (Café de la Rotonde)
  - La Maison du Jardin
  - La Jacobine
  - Bistrot Victoires
  - Le Sarrasin et le Froment
  - Au Bourguignon du Marais
  - Carette
  - Ladurée    my favorite rose macaron 
  - Pierre Herme
  - Le Relais de l'Entrecote
  - Unfortunately I don't know the name of the bakery but if you see Parisian Flan anywhere, please try it

If you get tired of French food
  - L'Entente, Le British Brasserie 
  - Hanoi Ca Phe
  - Chinatown Olympiades

There are so many fine dining, Michelin star rated restaurants in Paris. Make sure to make a reservation and dress up. 


Thanks for stopping by! Please let me know if you have any recommendations for things to do, see, eat in Paris.

No comments

Post a Comment

© CraftSpace