July 21, 2023

TRAVEL SERIES - UK (LONDON, BATH, CANTERBURY, DOVER CASTLE)

I can't believe it's taken me this long to go to London. This city really caught me by surprise and I enjoyed it so much more than I would have ever imagined. London really has it all and it's a short trip to European countries or day trips to other UK cities. The food scene is great as well.

I stayed in London for a week and really enjoyed it. I could see myself living there. The main selling points for me are the myriad of food options and the ease of travel.

– ACCOMMODATIONS –
I stayed at Kimpton Fitzroy at Russell Square. It was nice, but my shower leaked so I had to change rooms. I had to take an early morning meeting, so I went to the restaurant in the lobby with the outdoor space, Palm Court. The truffle fries were delicious!


– SHOPPING AND SIGHTS –
  - Big Ben 
  - London Eye 
  - Tower of London 
  - Buckingham Palace 
  - House of Parliament
  - Trafalgar Square 
  - Platform 9 3/4 - to go to Hogwarts, duh! 
  - Fortnum & Mason - green tea earl grey
  - Borough Market





– EATS –
Dishoom! Dishoom! Dishoom! Everyone will suggest it. Just go. We went twice LOL. 
Hawksmoor - Sunday roast 
Cakes & Bubbles - an interesting take on cheesecake
Lanesborough, Claridge’s, or the Ritz - afternoon tea
The Wolseley - English breakfast





– BATH –
We took a day trip to Bath. The train to Bath was about 1.5 hours. We had lunch at the famous Sally Lunn's Bath buns, did a 2 hour walking tour of Bath, and had dinner at The Herd Steak. Sotto Sotto is also recommended.




– DOVER CASTLE & CANTERBURY –
We took a day trip to Dover Castle and stopped by Canterbury on the way back to London. We got fish and chips at The City Fish Bar.







No comments

Post a Comment

© CraftSpace