March 28, 2016

HOW TO REPOT SUCCULENTS



If you follow me on instagram, you'll know that I picked up a super cute succulent and found the perfect two toned modern planter for it. Here is a tutorial and tips for repotting succulents.

It's important to repot the succulent in soil that's mixed with sand. I bought special 'succulent soil' from my local nursery. When you remove the plant from the original pot, loosen the roots and shake out the excess dirt. This allows the plant to spread its roots and grow into the new pot.


Put succulent soil on the bottom of the planter and place the plant in. Surround and cover the rest of the plant with soil and pack it tight. Since succulents are desert plants, they only need to be watered once a month. A horticulturist once recommended I spritz the plant and surrounding soil until it looks like fresh coffee grounds.


I'm in love with this new planter! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments

Post a Comment

© CraftSpace