April 3, 2016

DIY CARRARA MARBLE COASTERS


Like most interior design enthusiast, I love all things carrara marble. Also, ever since I started refurbishing, I've been on the hunt for coasters or catchalls to protect my reloved furniture. Check out my marble coaster DIY!

At first, I wasn't sure how to make the backing, but I saw coasters at Crate and Barrel, which have 'foam feet,' and I knew this is how I would make my coasters. The foam feet keep the coaster from slipping and guard against damage or scuffs. Alternatives include cork and felt. The two photos below are pictures I took at Crate and Barrel.







I wanted to make carrara marble coasters in an edgy shape, thus the hexagon. I also wanted a matte finish. Carrara marble comes in two finishes, honed (matte) and polished (shiny).

Materials:
- carrara marble tile
- foam adhesive circles

This DIY is really simple. Stick the foam adhesive onto the back of the tile and you're done!





I am in love with my new coasters! Do you have any DIYs to share? Thanks for stopping by!

No comments

Post a Comment

© CraftSpace