February 13, 2016

FURNITURE RELOVING


I found a dinged up side table that I wanted to refurnish. After some sanding, painting, and hardware change, the table looks good as new! The picture on the left is from the Craigslist ad, and the picture on the right is the finished product.


The side table had minor water damage as well as indentations and scratches. I originally planned to stain the tabletop dark brown. However, since the center of the tabletop looks like it may be veneer, I was advised to paint instead.  Hover over the picture below to see different angles of the table.



I manually sanded the table with 80 grit followed by 120 grit sandpaper. It's important to wipe down the piece with a wet t-shirt or rag to remove the debris prior to painting. For the table top I used 3 coats of Behr paint in Broadway. The rest I used 2 coats of SW paint in Irish Cream. Make sure to use a non shedding paint roller to avoid clumps. I also replaced the hardware for a more modern look. Check out the transformation -




A few people have asked me how I got the lines so crisp, and the answer is painter's tape and a small foam brush. I am very pleased with the side table and feel determined to find a nightstand to paint in the same style. Here is the final product!


No comments

Post a Comment

© CraftSpace